Well, I don’t know why I haven’t posted more often. I think about it and then get writer’s block. Not that I don’t have plenty to write about – because I do… I guess I’m just in more of a “ponder them in my heart” kind of mood than actually sitting and writing. Let me see what I can update on…
* Harper is 10 weeks old today!
* She slept through the night last night – 9 hours! I am actually more tired now that I got to sleep b/c now my body is realizing the lack of sleep it has been surviving in for the last 2 months. However, I hope this is not a phase and she starts sleeping now!
* Harper’s 2 month appointment was last Wednesday and she is now…
11 pounds 1 oz. (50 percentile)
23.75 inches (75 percentile)
She had to get her shots and she was just pitiful when she got “stuck”, but was fine after I picked her up and cuddled her. She slept soooooo much the next day, and I got sooooo much done
* She is smiling all the time and has just started to find her voice. It is so funny. When we talk to her, she moves her mouth and then is just tickled when a noise comes out. My favorite is when she inhales and makes this squeaky noise. It cracks me up every time!
* Bath time is so much fun with her. She can be screaming her head off, and we put her in the bath and she is immediately silenced! We give her a bath every night before her last feeding and then bedtime. It is so fun to have a bedtime routine with her!
* Her current schedule goes something like this… (the time can vary each day)
8/9 – wake up for the day/ change diaper/ feed
play time – she gets so sleepy during this time, it doesn’t last very long (30 mins)
nap time – 1 1/2 – 2 hours
11/12Diaper change/ feed
play time – 1 – 1 1/2 hours – i love this time!
nap time – 45 minutes
2/3Feed & diaper change
play time – 1 hour
nap time – 2 hours – mommy does chores around the house/ or errands with Harper in the carseat carrier
6/7feed & diaper change
awake/play time – go for a walk in stroller/ play with daddy
nap time – 30 minutes
awake time – bath time
9/10 – swaddle & feeding
* After many attempts of trying to get Harper to take a bottle, she finally did last night! I wanted her to be able to take one so Chris could feed her sometime and so that we could go out some evenings. I did a combo feeding last night – 2oz of formula (which she sucked down!) and then the rest breastmilk. She did great! So, I’m glad that we hit that milestone, but I’m not ready for her to take formula all the time.
* Next week, we take our first trip to Georgia. I will post about our visit once we get home. I can’t believe that it is already the end of April! We’ve been in TN for almost 5 months! That has been the fastest 5 months of my life!!!!! I have a feeling life only goes faster from here on out!
Okay, well I’m off to do chores around the house…. much laundry to be done, and I’ve got to prepare my list and start packing for GA. I’m sure we are going to be taking a TON of stuff!
Oh, and if you read this, please pray for our house to sell in GA soon! We know it is in the Lord’s timing. We are just ready to have all of our stuff in one place and to be settled. Our 1 bedroom apartment is growing smaller by the day
Okay, well thats my update. Will try to post more!