Christmas Travels

(will add pics later… Harper is melting down)

Well, I will be so happy when I am back to posting about “normal” things. We are back home after our fun but tiresome travel! Here’s the re-cap…

Friday night we had a Christmas party for the Student Ministry staff. We planned to eat dinner and then do a White Elephant gift exchange. Well, part way through dinner Chris started feeling nauseous and decided to leave early. I stayed with Harper, and the Taylor family brought us home. Chris was up all night with unpleasant tummy trouble, so being the *great* wife that I am, I decide to leave him in the bed all alone and sleep on the floor in Harper’s room. (*side note: I have major issues with throwing up. I hate it. Not as much as I used to hate it… morning sickness made me get over some of my fear) Anyway, I didn’t sleep super great… I would wake up everytime I heard Chris get up, plus, I hadn’t slept on the floor for several years, and lets just say, it is not as easy as it used to be.

So, Saturday morning, I had planned to leave at 8:30, but because of the night-o-sickness, and a mini-emotional meltdown by yours truly, we didn’t leave until 3:30. But, we made it safe and sound to Boone, NC by about 11pm. Nancy’s apartment is even more charming in real-life!!! We slept great that night! Her graduation from Appalachain State was the next day – Congrats Minki!!!!! – That night was eventful as Harper threw up – But, it was only one time, and I knew it could have been a lot worse! I cannot even express how much I prayed that Jesus would heal her tummy, and that she wouldn’t have what Chris had. Thank you Jesus!!!!!!!! My prayers were answered!

The next day we drove to Raleigh. On the way, we picked Chris up from the airport and then drove to my Dad’s house. We ate lasagna, wrapped Christmas presents (because I hadn’t finished all my wrapping yet), and then went to bed because we were exhausted! The next morning we had our Christmas with them, and were soooooo bleseed by all the many presents we got from them! I will be sharing in an upcoming post what we got for all of our parents… I just can’t yet b/c we haven’t given Chris’ parents their’s. Anyway, it was lots of fun, and we participated in our yearly scavenger hunt created by my dad. Some of the *favorite* gifts included a Wii, a green pea coat, Ralph Lauren PJ’s, and a Britax car seat (praise the LORD)!!!!

The next day we met Crystal and Jeffrey (my bff from childhood and her hubby) for lunch. It was fun to see them and catch up a little bit. We ate at Shane’s Rib Shack. While we were there we saw an infomercial for The Snuggie… we couldn’t stop laughing!! It was just like to good ol days!!!

We drove to Clinton that evening, and arrived just in time for a yummy dinner prepared by my mama. Uncle Bill, Aunt Cindy, Andrew, and Aunt Susan all came over to eat with us. It was so much fun to hang out with everybody.

The next day, Christmas Eve, we hung out, did laundry, and then went to the Christmas Eve service at my aunt’s church. We had to leave early, though because Harper was super restless.

The next morning was fun as we all woke up at 7am, only to go back to sleep at 8 am! Harper woke up at 9:30, but mom played with her so Chris and I could sleep longer… it was such a treat!!!! We slept until 11:30 – unheard of thses days!

We ate our Christmas breakfast – eggs, bacon, & cream cheese cresent roll cake. Then opend presents. Harper had a delightful time, and was actually interested in her presents. She got a cute little baby doll that she kept kissing over and over again. It was so sweet! Mom also blessed us with great presents! Some of our favorite being Padraig Cottage slippers (me & Harps), money :-), and a DVD created by Nancy of Harper’s birth day. I cried my little eyes out as I watched it! I will try to figure out a way to put it on here… it is so good!

Nancy and Will joined us that night after they spent Christmas with Will’s family. We shared our gifts and ate a yummy Christmas dinner.

The next day, we packed up and were about to head out when Johnny called me. He said not to leave yet since they were only 40 minutes away!!! They decided to surprise us and come to Clinton! (They had previously told us that they were going to be spending Christmas at home with their family since Johnny had been deployed recently) It was perfect! Mom cried her little eyes out when she saw them pull into the driveway!

We had such a great Christmas, but after the 2 day travel back home, we were pooped! After church today, I’ve spent the majority of it on the couch trying to regain some energy. We are home for a good long while now, and I couldn’t be happier! I love visiting family, but there is no place like home!!!

2 thoughts on “Christmas Travels

Comments are closed.